Welcome to the teaching vacancies section of the College website.
Before applying please be sure to read the General Guidance section, failure to comply with the guidance may affect your application.
TEACHER OF DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY with specialism in FOOD TECHNOLOGY
REQUIRED FROM 01 JANUARY 2018
FULL TIME – FIXED TWO TERM contract (until 20 July 2018)
This post is temporary pending the appointment of a permanent member of staff from September 2018
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Design & Technology, or an ambitious NQT with outstanding potential.
You will have high expectations and excellent subject knowledge, with a lively and energetic personality. You will want to continue developing your teaching skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom, as well as make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the College. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of highly respected, friendly and supportive colleagues and work in a thriving and forward-thinking school, situated in a beautiful part of rural East Devon.
The Design and Technology department is well-resourced and supported with subjects being a popular choice at KS4 level. Our purpose built Design and Technology building was opened in 2015 and is an asset to the College, providing Design Technology, Food, Textiles and Photography facilities. We are ambitious for the future and we are keen to develop post 16 Food based subject options. The college provides excellent opportunities for professional development.
Potential candidates should outline their strengths and experiences in their application with reference to the following points:
- Promote Design at all levels including KS5 through inspiring students to be actively interested in Design and Technology.
- To teach a range of Design and Technology skills at KS3 level
- To develop professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate and keep up to date with developments in teaching and learning in the curriculum area of Design and Technology.
- To encourage Design and Technology learning through extra-curricular activities.
- To ensure a high quality learning environment within the Design and Technology area and to work closely with technical support staff.
Visits from prospective applicants are welcome – we have set aside Wednesday 29th November 09:00 – 10:00 - if you would like to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Jenny Bigmore (Principal’s PA) on 01404 549859 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any queries concerning the vacancy.
For an application form, job description and person specification please visit the College website and follow the link for vacancies or e mail Jenny Bigmore.
Closing date: 09:00 Friday 01 December 2017 Interview date: 12 December 2017
An Enhanced DBS is a requirement of this post, as Honiton Community College is committed to safeguarding its students and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- All of our vacancies are displayed on the website, we do not accept speculative applications.
- We do not accept CV's (CV's can be included with a completed application form.
- We do not accept late applications.
- Only applications on the College application form will be considered.
- No Agencies
- To apply please e mail your completed application form to the person stated on the advert details click here for an application form.
- Because of the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to reply to unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume you have not been successful in securing an interview on this occasion.
However, please do not let this dissuade you from applying for future vacancies should they arise.
- Your application must be received by 12 noon on the closing date specified on the advert.
- If you send your application by email it must be in Word or PDF format. Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.
- If you send your application by email please ensure you save the form locally then send it as a standard file attachment. Please do not use Cloud Storage i.e. dropbox, skydrive etc.
- E mail applications are preferable, however, if this is not possible, please ensure the correct postage is paid as the College is unable to cover additional costs.
All staff must undergo an Enhanced DBS check to work at Honiton Community College Academy Trust
email@example.com Telephone: 01404 549859 By post: Honiton Community College,School Lane,Honiton,Devon,EX14 1QT