- Become familiar with the web
- Addressing internet safety
- Help and support available
In the 21st Century children have access to an incredible range of ICT tools. The Internet has had a massive impact on the information available to students. Honiton Community College aims to ensure all our students are familiar with the use of these tools and are aware of the dangers of communication with people they don't know.
@ Honiton Community College we address internet safety in the following ways;
- As part of the college annual ICT Acceptance Use Policy
- An ICT unit of E-Safety (Designing an E-Safety website for primary school children)
- During Leap and Citizenship lessons
If you are unsure of the how to be safe online here are a range of websites to support students and parents:
Parent's Guide to Internet Safety
We ask parents/guardians to be aware of how their children are using the internet. Discuss with them the potential dangers of 'chatting' to people they don't know and to remind students of their electrontic footprint.
If you have any immediate concerns or worries please inform someone as there is help and support available. The CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) has support available here.